Wednesday, 16 August 2017

Contour Chaos



Ok, so I may be exaggerating sightly with the title but EVERYONE who contours knows that there are so many products out there that it is a minefield with what is worth purchasing and what is only worthy of the bin.

So, I thought I would share some of the products I have bought recently (and an old favourite) with you. Each of these items i have tried for a full week each and the difference between them is quite large.



The products I have chosen are all contour products - 2 cream sticks and 2 powder palettes. The prices of the products range from a mere £2.50 up to £37, which is quite a difference but read on to find out what i thought of each item.




Starting with the cream contour sticks I first purchased the Maybelline Master contour stick (£7.99) and was surprised how easy the product went on and helped create a natural daytime look. The cons of this product are definitely that the colours on top start mixing after the first few uses and i did end up with a smudgy highlight due to the colour leak from the contour sneaking in, But as long as you blended the end result was pretty good.






Secondly I purchased the W7 contour stick as I wanted a comparison for the Maybelline contour stick. firstly the price is MEGA CHEAP at only £2.50 I did debate if it was even worth buying, but for that price I was willing to give it a go. 
I am honestly surprised by this product, it applies and blends out well helping to create a glowing look and it looks great when first applied. Over a few hours it starts to feel slightly cakey and you can see slight oxidation, but i wouldn't say this is too off putting as it is only £2.50.




Now to the powder palettes 




This Kat Von D Shade & Light Palette is my latest purchase and honestly it has stolen my heart. At £37 it is quite up there in price, but I think it is totally worth it. The colours are pigmented and wear great throughout the day, the only issue is the fall out which is quite alot, but you don't need much on the brush at all.







Last but not least is the make-up revolution ultra contour palette  at £8 it is a great price and as you can see from the picture I have used it quite alot and this is my second one of these palettes. I don't have much bad to say about this product except it does need touching up part way through the day, but in general for £8 you cant go wrong.




All in all, i think all of these products are pretty decent, but if I had to choose I would go for the make-up revolution palette time and time again. 

If you've used or tried any of these products let me know in the comments, id love to hear



No comments:

Post a Comment